My son’s little black nightstand has now been completed as well and I think he is happy too!
From a simple little night stand which I found out my father had used as a little boy and came from my Grandmother’s house which I never knew! This little night stand just somehow was relocated into my home. This happens a lot actually in my family …. we call it the Colombian swap.
Keeping the little night stand a simple black with silver knobs keeps his busy room grounded. As we have every type of sporting equipment in his room.
The antique pineapple four post bed which was given to us free is mixed with bright striped Ralph Lauren bedding.
It’s easy to redecorate your children’s room without spending a lot of money. Here are few ideas that I do
- Seek out your local antique shop to add a bit of history and character to your child’s room.
- Be creative when you come across a great piece that may be the right size but wrong color.
- Ask family if they have any furniture in their basement. You never know what you will find!
- Great time of year for yard sales.
- Always see what the clearance area has first.